Sunday, May 02, 2021

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Luana Carolina vs Poliana Botelho

Here's the match video of Luana Carolina vs Poliana Botelho from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Flyweight. Poliana has been in the UFC for a few years. She has had mixed success at best. She trains at Nova Uniao in Brazil. She trains a lot with Ketlen Vieira. Luana is from Sao Paulo, Brazil. She trains at Capital de Luta with Lucas Martins. She was in the Brazilian Contender Series. She showed a very low fight IQ in losing her last fight to Ariane Lipski. Luana missed weight as she was brought in on short notice. I'm not sure either fighter belongs in the UFC. And this fight was competitive. The key was round two. I scored round one 10-9 for Poliana and so did all three judges. Neither fighter did much of anything in round two. I scored it 9-9. Two of the judges scored it 10-9 for Luana and the third scored it for Poliana. I scored round three 10-9 for Luana. I scored it a draw. Neither fighter did enough to win the fight. All three judges scored round three 10-9 for Luana. And because of how round two was scored, Luana won by split decision. Keep in mind that judges don't score tie rounds. I do that just to show what I thought of the round. It was a close but not very good fight. Check out the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment