Thursday, March 11, 2021

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Io Shirai vs Toni Storm

Here's the match video of Io Shirai defending her NXT Women's Championship on this week's episode of NXT. Of course these two have wrestled many times in Japan. They are playing off of Toni beating Io at the 2018 Mae Young Classic. But now that Io has held the title for almost a year, I don't see her dropping the belt unless she is moving to the main roster. As I said last week, the WWE really likes record title reigns. This is mentioned during this match. The match is pretty good but I never thought Toni would win. And after Io kicked out of Toni's Storm Zero finisher, I knew that Io would win. After Io missed a moonsault, Toni missed a flying head butt and Io wins with a cross face submission. That's not something Io normally uses as a finisher. I thought it was an odd choice. Later on in the show, Io confronted Raquel Gonzalez and challenged her. I expect that match will be on the upcoming Takeover show. Of course Raquel put Io through a table at War Games. Obviously Raquel has a significant size advantage. But Io has shown that kind of thing doesn't concern her. So I expect a great match. You never know what kind of crazy moves Io will bust out. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment