Sunday, June 21, 2020

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Raquel Pennington vs Marion Reneau

Here's the match video of Raquel Pennington vs Marion Reneau from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. The four women's matches on last night's show were varying degrees of terrible. A couple of months ago, Schwan Humes and I discussed this on my Big Topic in WMMA podcast. Poor quality fights are the main reason some MMA fans turn away from WMMA. In this fight, Raquel had lost three of her last four so she needed a win. And Marion has ability but she is inconsistent. Round one was awful. Neither fighter did much of anything. I gave it to Marion 10-9. Very marginal. Marion seemed to get worse as the fight went on. And it's not like Raquel was better. But she was good enough to win the fight. So I scored it 29-28 for Raquel but it was not a good fight. And it was all on Marion's 43rd birthday. My guess is when her UFC contract runs out, it won't be renewed. She's not good enough to keep a roster spot that could be taken by a younger fighter. And because Marion was so bad in this fight, I don't think I can give Raquel much credit for winning. Check out the video for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment