Sunday, July 09, 2023

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Denise Gomes vs Yazmin Jauregui

Here's the match video of Denise Gomes vs Yazmin Jauregui from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Strawweight. Denise is 23 years old from Brazil but she trains at PRVT in Las Vegas. So she is a teammate of Jessica Andrade. Karol Rosa is her girlfriend and main training partner. Karol was in her corner. She is 1-1 in the UFC. I liked her in her last fight. Yazmin is 24 years old from Tijuana, Mexico. She trains at Entram which is the largest gym in Mexico. She's 2-0 in the UFC. Yazmin was a big betting favorite. I don't gamble but I thought the fight would be closer. Both are aggressive fighters and like to finish. But I didn't expect Denise to get a 20 second TKO. Yazmin complained to ref Jason Herzog about the stoppage but I thought it was OK. Denise got a $50,000 bonus. Why was Yazmin such a big favorite? Well, Mexican fans bet on Mexican fighters. It doesn't matter who the opponent is. I don't think most fans know enough about either fighter to really know who could win. I like both fighters and I expected a competitive fight. Enjoy the video! 

1 comment:

  1. That was very quick and brutal. I can see your point about the stoppage Frank. The ref had to think about the fighters safety, I did not see her fighting back, instead she was just getting pounded bad. He did the right thing for her sake. David

    ReplyDelete