Thursday, September 12, 2019

Two Strawweight bouts added to Oct. 26 UFC show

View this post on Instagram

I am extremely excited to announce that I will be moving up to straw-weight to make my UFC debut, 26 October in Singapore. I want to first thank Shannon Knapp and Invicta for starting off my MMA career. I wouldn't have been here without their faith in me. To my coaches George Hickman, Frank Hickman, Alex Schild, Andrew Wood, Tarek Suliman, Emilio Urrutia thank you for training me and to all training partners at Tiger Muay Thai for always pushing me, thank you to my manager Danny Rubenstein ,Frances Watthannaya for this incredible opportunity, and thank you to my family who've been with me through thick and thin. 🥰🥰♥️♥️ . . . #ufc #mma #wmma #ufcsingapore #invictafc #fight #fighter #buriram #tigermuaythai #hickmanbroswrestlings #lookboonmee #thai #thailand #thaimma

A post shared by Loma Lookboonmee (@lomalookboonmee) on

Two women's Strawweight bouts have been added to UFC on ESPN+ 20 Oct. 26 at Singapore Indoor Stadium in Kallang, Singapore. One will have Loma Lookboonmee vs Aleksandra Albu. the other is Ashley Yoder vs Xiaonan Yan. Loma is 23 years old from Thailand. She is the first fighter from Thailand to make the UFC. Of course kickboxing is huge in Thailand. A lot of the kickboxers just aren't interested in MMA. Loma's kickboxing record is 22-3. Her father owns a Muay Thai gym. She started training MMA with George Hickman at Tiger Muay Thai. A chance encounter with then Invicta matchmaker Kaitlin Young got her into Invicta. Her MMA record is 3-1. She won both of her Invicta fights and one in PANCRASE in Japan. Obviously she has great kickboxing skills. Other than that, I didn't think much of her. I suppose she can improve with experience. And all her fights were at Atomweight and this is at Strawweight. So she's going into the deep end of the pool. Aleksandra is 29 years old from Moscow, Russia. Her official record is 3-1 and 2-1 in the UFC. Supposedly she had several fights in Asia but there is mo record of them. She's been in the UFC for a few years. But her career was slowed by injuries, school and a successful modelling career. I suppose she's a good opponent for a UFC newcomer. Yan is 30 years old from China. Her record is 11-0-1NC and 4-0 in the UFC. Ashley is 31 years old. She trains at Team Quest in Murrieta, CA. Her record is 7-4 and 2-3 in the UFC. She's on a two fight winning streak. Looking at who Yan has fought, I would have liked to see her fight someone better. If she wins this fight, they have to move her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment