Saturday, September 07, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Joanne Calderwood vs Andrea Lee

Here's the match video of Joanne Calderwood vs Andrea Lee from today's UFC show in Abu Dhabi. Both fighters are looking to get into the Flyweight title picture. I don't think either is good enough. In her last fight, Joanne could have come closer to the title with a win over Katlyn Chookagian. But she didn't look good. Andrea is on a three fight winning streak. But she didn't beat anyone decent nor did she win dominantly. I have seen her for a few years and she has charisma and sex appeal. But she's a points fighter. I said yesterday on my podcast that I expected this fight to be close and that's exactly what it was. Andrea just doesn't do enough to win fights decisively. I scored round one 10-9 Joanne because she controlled the first half of the round. Round two was very close but I scored it 10-9 for Andrea. And I thought Joanne won round three 10-9. So I scored it 29-28 for Joanne. The judges gave her a split decision. It doesn't matter because neither fighter was dominant. The next likely challenger for Valentina Shevchenko will be the winner of Katlyn Chookagian vs Jennifer Maia. I don't like them either. Enjoy the video!


No comments:

Post a Comment