Friday, July 12, 2019

Macy Chiasson vs Lina Lansberg added to Sept. 28 UFC show

The UFC announced today that Macy Chiasson vs Lina Lansberg has been added to UFC on ESPN+ 18 at the Royal Arena in Copenhagen, Denmark. This fight is at Bantamweight. Macy is 27 years old from New Orleans but she trains at Fortis MMA in Dallas. Fortis head coach Sayif Saud is rapidly becoming one of the top emerging trainers in MMA. I first saw Macy in Invicta so I was not surprised that she won TUF 28 for Featherweights. Since then she has won two fights at Bantamweight. Lina is 37 years old from Malmo, Sweden. She trains with former UFC fighter Akira Corassani. She came to the UFC as a Cris Cyborg sacrifice but she's a Bantamweight kickboxer. She is 3-3 in the UFC. She won her last fight over Tanya Evinger in her home country of Sweden. I expect Macy to win easily. Lina is not at her level. But as I have said before, the UFC needs European fighters for European shows. And Lina is currently ranked #12 though I didn't know that until I looked. So once Macy wins, she can fight a top ten opponent. And I think she has "champ champ" potential because she is a Featherweight fighting at Bantamweight. I have been telling you guys for a while to keep your eye on Macy.

No comments:

Post a Comment