Monday, May 09, 2016

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Heather Jo Clark

Here's the match video of Karolina Kowalkiewicz vs Heather Jo Clark from yesterday's UFC show in The Netherlands. Karolina is a very good striker but she has no power. So she's a points fighter. Heather was on TUF and now she's returning from knee surgery. She trains with Miesha Tate and Rob Follis at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas. For the most part, the fight went as I expected. I didn't think Heather could outstrike Karolina. She would have to figure out some other way. Heather did OK in round one. I thought Karolina was too cautious and defensive and Heather may have won the first round. But obviously Karolina's corner told her to get busy. And she was a lot more aggressive for the rest of the fight. Heather didn't have much of an answer for Karolina's striking. There was never going to be a finish because Karolina doesn't finish fights. And compared to our champ Joanna Jedrzejczyk, that's a major flaw. I've watched Karolina's fights in KSW and Invicta and she's never had power. I think she could develop power but I haven't seen it yet. Also, Kenny Florian made me laugh when he said Karolina told him she's been working on her wrestling and he suggested she might go for a takedown. Yeah, right. Let me know when pigs fly. Afterwards, there was a rumour that Karolina hurt her shoulder. When asked about it, she wouldn't discuss it but she also didn't deny it. We shall see. I think Karolina is a good striker. But her lack of power and ground skills bothers me and I expect that will eventually bite her in the ass. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment