Tuesday, August 21, 2007

OZ Academy announces mixed tag team tournament


Here's something we haven't seen in the joshi business for a long time. OZ Academy announced in association with Osaka Pro a one day mixed tag team tournament Sept. 17 at Shinjuku FACE. I don't think there has been a tournament like this since the P-MIX tournament several years ago. There will be a total of eight teams. The preliminary rounds will be in the afternoon and the semi finals and finals will be in the evening. The usual OZ Academy crew will participate including Mayumi Ozaki, Aja Kong, Carlos Amano, Chikayo Nagashima, AKINO, Sonoko Kato, Dynamite Kansai with special guest The Bolshoi Kid. The Osaka Pro wrestlers will include Billy Ken Kid, Asian Cougar, Condor and other guys I'm not familiar with. The teams will be announced later. OZ has been using men on their shows regularly so I'm not particularly surprised.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:41 PM

    Hey Frank,

    I know it's cool to trash on you, but I like reading your joshi news, even though I don't agree with all of your views. Are you going to bother with SmarksChoice/GooniesChoice anymore or just post stuff to your blog?

    I found SC late but learned a lot reading through the big poll threads before they were lost. I think GC has turned into a complete joke-I was never a big poster and doubt I'll bother ever again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still there. I think a lot of the idiots will be gone after today. I also post on my Yahoo group and the Shimmer message board.

    ReplyDelete