Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Mississippi Mass Choir f/Mosie Burke

Song:I'm Not Tired Yet

Album:Stellar Awards Hits 2006




There is definitely a generation gap when it comes to traditional and contemporary black gospel music. The Mississippi Mass Choir bridges that gap with great humility and energy. The choir started in the mid 80s by singer Frank Williams and pianist David Curry. Both were members of the Jackson Southernaires. Georgia Mass Choir founder Milton Biggham was involved too. Williams' established fan base earned the choir a significant following. But Williams died on Mar. 22, 1993 at age 46. Malaco Records head Jerry Mannery stepped in to help guide the choir and it worked. They continue to be very popular today as led by Biggham & Curry. I'm Not Tired Yet is from their latest CD Not By Might Nor By Power. Lead singer Mosie Burke has become one of the more visable MMC members. She's a good singer within the context of the choir. Like a lot of various artists comps, this Stellar Awards comp is OK for beginners and includes a bonus DVD. The MMC has a lot of DVDs available too. I know there's a video for I'm Not Tired Yet because I've seen it but I couldn't find it. So here's Mosie Burke & the Mississippi Mass Choir performing When I Woke Up This Morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment