Sunday, July 12, 2020

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade

Here's the match video of Rose Namajunas vs Jessica Andrade from last night's UFC show in Abu Dhabi. The winner of this fight probably gets a shot at Zhang Weili's UFC Strawweight Championship after Joanna Jedrzejczyk gets a rematch. I don't think any of them can beat Weili. Rose won this fight by split decision. But I think Jessica lost because of very poor coaching by Gilliard Parana. Instead of her usual aggression, Jessica comes out dancing in round one. I thought the round was close but I gave it to Rose 10-9. So did two of the judges and the third scored it 10-9 for Jessica. This continued in round two. I scored it 9-9. I didn't think either of them did enough. Of course judges don't score tie rounds. They all scored it 10-9 for Rose. Jessica finally got aggressive in round three. But she needed a finish but didn't get it. I scored round three 10-9 for Jessica. So I scored the fight a draw and the judges gave it to Rose by split decision. If Jessica had been more aggressive for the whole fight, she would have won. I think she gave the fight away through her lack of aggression in round one. I blame Parana for that. It's a big win for Rose but it doesn't make me think she can beat Zhang Weili. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment