Thursday, November 27, 2008

Will someone please fix this sidewalk?

I know what you're thinking. What the heck is that picture? You may recall that a while back I wrote about a very bad curb that was repaired in the Lakeshore area. You have no idea how important the condition of the sidewalk is to someone rolling around in a power chair. At the time, Councillor Mark Grimes' assistant Sheila Paxton asked me to let her know if I needed any sidewalks fixed. Most of the time it's not a big deal and I can handle it but with winter coming, this one could become a problem. I saw it when I went out to the ATM today. Back in April, there was a big fire at the southwest corner of Lakeshore Blvd. W. & 23rd St. A guy died in that fire and it destroyed two storefronts. This portion of the sidewalk needs to be paved over. It's in front of the Thai restaurant that I think is currently under renovation. I can go around it now but it will cause problems for power chairs and scooters once we get some snow. My guess is this was never reported to city staff and was forgotten. So though Mark Grimes is still a dick, Sheila wants to be helpful so let's put her to the test. Tell you what I'm gonna do. Sheila, let me know when this is fixed and next time I go in that area, I'll snap a pic and post it right here on the blog. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:41 PM

    Sic'em Frank!!! You go get'em! I know people in power chairs and you are right to want to get that sidewalk repaired. Especially in the winter time. Defshepard.

    ReplyDelete