Monday, February 26, 2007

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Johnny Adams

Song:You Don't Know What Love Is

Album:Blues Across The USA





Johnny Adams was an excellent R & B singer known in his home town of New Orleans as The Tan Canary. He was born Jan. 5, 1932 and started out as a gospel singer. He crossed over into secular R & B with a teenaged Mac Rebennack AKA Doctor John as producer. His biggest success was with the top ten R & B hit Reconsider Me on SSS Records in 1969. He faded in the 70s but made a big comeback with Rounder Records in 1984. Adams recorded with Rounder until his death from cancer on Sept. 14, 1998 at age 66. Blues Across The USA is a 1993 Rounder Records sampler that is worth getting if you're looking to find out more about the label's artists. You Don't Know What Love Is is from Adams' 1993 CD Good Morning Heartache. Johnny Adams is classified as blues but his beautiful voice has elements of R & B, jazz & gospel. I couldn't find any video footage of him.




Folks always ask me about the weather and what is it like to get around in the snow in a power chair. Well, we had a storm yesterday and then I got up this morning and it was snowing again. I was out and it's not too bad. I am a little concerned about getting stuck in the snow on curbs. It's stopped now and I'm considering going out briefly this afternoon. Here's a video about the weather from CBC News. I've been experimenting with video footage and I did not get this from Youtube.



FreeVideoCoding.com

No comments:

Post a Comment