Sunday, March 10, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Yana Kunitskaya vs Marion Reneau

Here's the match video of Yana Kunitskaya vs Marion Reneau from last night's UFC show in Wichita, KS. I said on my podcast on Friday that I never know which Marion Reneau will show up. She is capable of dominating fights but she can also be very ineffective. And sometimes she can be like this within the same fight. And that's what happened in this fight. The fight turned out very close and in the end Marion didn't do enough in the first two rounds to win. Yana is mainly a Muay Thai fighter so in round one she used knees in the clinch to win the round 10-9. Round two was closer and it could have been scored either way. But again I thought Marion didn't do enough and I scored it 10-9 for Yana. Finally in round three Marion does what she should have done in the first two rounds. And that's be aggressive. She broke Kana's nose and won round three 10-9. But she didn't get the finish she needed and I scored the fight 29-28 for Yana. All three judges scored it the same. Fans booed the decision and Marion thought she won. If she had been as effective in the first two rounds as she was in the third, she would have won. She beat herself again. Enjoy the video!

1 comment:

  1. I saw Kana's nose at the end of the fight. That was something else. A lot of people were not happy with the decision against Marion Reneau. I think you called right however Frank, to bad for her. Yours David.

    ReplyDelete