Sunday, June 02, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Lina Lansberg vs Tonya Evinger

Here's the match video of Lina Lansberg vs Tonya Evinger from yesterday's UFC show in Stockholm, Sweden. Lina is from Malmo, Sweden and she trains with ex-UFC fighter Akira Corassani. She's a kickboxer and she isn't good at other areas of MMA. Of course Tanya has been around for years. She has a lot of mileage on her. She had knee surgery last year and I think that has really slowed her down. Normally I would favor Tonya but she ain't who she used to be. Round one is mostly in the clinch so it's fairly even. Lina's elbow cuts Tonya over the eye. She was bleeding a lot but it wasn't that bad. Towards the end of the round, Lina ends up on top and pounds Tonya enough to win the round 10-9. Though it wasn't enough for the ref to stop the fight, I think the pounding took enough out of Tonya that she had nothing left in her gas tank. Lina continued to pound Tonya in round two. Again, it wasn't enough for the ref to stop the fight. I scored the round 10-9 for Lina. A couple of judges scored it 10-8 but I didn't think it was quite a 10-8. So now Tonya needs a finish but round three was more of the same. Lina wins by unanimous decision. I scored round three 10-9 for Lina and I scored the fight 30-27. Two of the judges scored it 30-26 and the third scored it 30-27. This is likely Tonya's final UFC fight. But I don't expect her to retire. She said she will keep fighting until no one will pay her. And I expect Invicta to pay her. This win probably delayed Lina's release. But it didn't make me think she could beat anyone good. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment