Sunday, June 02, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Ayaka Hamasaki vs Jinh Yu Frey

Here's the match video of Ayaka Hamasaki vs Jinh Yu Frey from this morning's RIZIN show. Ayaka is the current RIZIN Atomweight Champion. Jinh is the current Invicta Atomweight Champion. This is a rematch from 2016 when Ayaka won by doctor stoppage. I was asked to look at this fight to score it the way fights are scored here. Because in Japan, the entire fight is scored as one unit. So for starters, the first two rounds of this fight are as crappy as any Katlyn Chookagian fight. This kind of light sparring infuriates me because it's impossible to score and it's boring. Round one is so bad I scored it 9-9. Neither of them did anything. Round two wasn't much better so I scored that one 9-9 too. Finally Ayaka takes Jinh down at the start of round three and sits on her for five minutes. I scored that round 10-9 for Ayaka. And based on the Japanese style of scoring, Ayaka won the fight 3-0. A couple of things about Joe Ferraro and Frank Trigg's English commentary. They rightfully pointed out that Jinh would have to win decisively to get a win from Japanese judges. Knowing that, I don't know why her corner told her to fight tenatively. It guaranteed that she would lose. And then Ferraro and Trigg tried to claim that Jinh won the first two rounds and she would have won the fight in America. But it's like I said. There was so little happening in the first two rounds, I scored them as ties. And I do that all the time. Most people think you have to have a winner in each round. It's not true. I also think refs should warn fighters about lack of action. They are supposed to but most of them don't. This is the kind of fight that gives women's MMA a bad name. Road FC Atomweight Champion Ham Seo Hee was in attendance. And I assume she will be the next challenger. But will it happen in Japan or Korea? Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment