Sunday, November 04, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Sijara Eubanks vs Roxanne Modafferi

Here's the match video of Sijara Eubanks vs Roxanne Modafferi from last night's UFC show in New York City. As I'm sure you know by now, Sijara missed weight. As I have said before, she should be fighting at Bantamweight. But it's easy to see in this fight why Sijara wants fight at Flyweight. Roxanne is taller but Sijara is much bigger. And that size difference is the main reason Sijara won the fight. Not that I was impressed with either of them. It wasn't a question of who was better. It was a question of who was worse. Roxanne's ineffective striking cost her this fight. Sijara had nothing to fear. But Sijara was equally ineffective when she took Roxanne to the ground and for the most part sat on her. And in the second round, Sijara got so tired that she almost let the fight get away from her. But I scored the fight 30-27 for Sijara and so did the judges. It didn't make me think Sijara could beat anyone good. My guess is the UFC will give her one more chance to make Flyweight. And if she can't do it, they will force her to fight at Bantamweight. She'll lose that size advantage. She wasn't very good when she fought at Bantamweight in Invicta. Honestly, I don't think she belongs in the UFC. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment