Thursday, June 01, 2017

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-All-4-One

Artist:All-4-One
Song:I Swear
Album:MTV Party To Go Vol. 6





All-4-One scored their only number one hit with I Swear on 1994. They had a couple of other hits but they faded quickly and most fans probably only remember I Swear. All-4-One are from Antelope Valley, CA which is near the Mojave desert but they moved to Los Angeles and formed in 1993. The members are Jamie Jones, Delious Kennedy, Alfred Nevarez and Tony Borowiak. They all grew up singing in church. Borowiak and Nevarez were singing jingles in a Los Angeles recording studio where they met Jones and then Kennedy. All-4-One signed with Blitzz Records owned by producers Tim O'Brien and Gary St. Clair with Atlantic Records distribution. They started out producing The Chambers Brothers in the late 60s. They produced most of the 1994 album All-4-One and the first single, a cover of The Tymes classic so Much In Love. It reached #5 on the Billboard Hot 100. The second single I Swear topped the charts. I Swear was written by Frank Myers and Gary Baker and John Michael Montgomery topped the country charts with his version. David Foster produced I Swear and one other song on the album. They won a Grammy for I Swear. The influence of Boyz II Men on All-4-One is fairly obvious. The album was certified 4XPlatinum. It was all downhill from there. They had one other top ten hit with another cover of a John Michael Montgomery hit I Can Love You Like That. And that was it. They recorded a third album but a rift between All-4-One, Blitzz and Atlantic forced the group's departure. There is no All-4-One comp in print and the 1994 album All-4-One is out of print. But you can get I Swear on this various artists comp. All-4-One is still around recording on their own label and touring. I guess at this point they are a nostalgia act. Kennedy is one of the founders of the Catalina Film Festival. Here's the video for I Swear by All-4-One.

No comments:

Post a Comment