Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Tonya Evinger in for Megan Anderson on July 29 UFC show

Last night Brett Okamoto of ESPN reported and then the UFC confirmed that Tonya Evinger will replace Megan Anderson and face Cris Cyborg for the UFC Featherweight Championship July 29 at the Honda Center in Anaheim, CA. Megan was forced to pull out for personal reasons. Keep in mind that if it's a family issue, Megan lives in Missouri and her family lives in Australia. I understand she offered to reschedule but Cyborg refused. Hmmm. Look, I wasn't very excited for this fight in the first place. But this proves there shouldn't be a Featherweight division in the UFC. There aren't any Featherweights out there so of course the UFC has resorted to bringing in a Bantamweight. Didn't Cyborg say after beating Lina Lansberg that she would never fight another Bantamweight? I understand some fans are excited about Tonya being in the UFC. I don't have a problem with her being in the UFC. I have a problem with another Bantamweight fighting Cyborg. I don't care who it is. I don't want to see it but that's what we will get. That's why I was talking about Cyborg not dropping to 135 not for health reasons but because she would lose the competitive advantage she has at 145. Is she satisfied with her legacy of beating undersized tomato cans. And Tonya is not a tomato can. But that's how she will be treated by Cyborg. The whole thing seems more suited for a RIZIN freak show match than a UFC championship.

No comments:

Post a Comment