Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Jessica Andrade vs Marion Reneau added to Feb. 22 UFC show

Jessica Andrade
The UFC has confirmed that Jessica Andrade vs Marion Reneau has been added to UFC Fight Night 61 Feb. 22 in Porto Alegre, Brazil. Jessica first posted the news on the UFC Brazil website. It's a quick turnaround for Marion as she just won her UFC debut over Alexis Dufresne last Saturday. As I said in my review of that fight, Alexis gave such a poor performance that it's impossible to tell if Marion is a good fighter. Jessica is clearly a step up in competition. Jessica won her last three UFC fights including a win via guillotine over highly touted prospect Larissa Pacheco in September. Jessica has won several of her fights with the guillotine so Marion will have to watch for that. Someone asked me if I thought that Jessica should be facing a higher ranked fighter. For one thing, her trainers have said they don't want to rush her. And the UFC wants to build her up in Brazil. Though Bethe Correia has a higher profile, Jessica is younger and I like her better than Bethe. BTW, Bethe is currently recovering from eye surgery. She's expected to return in the spring. After her win on Saturday, UFC president Dana White apologized to Marion for telling her she was too old when she tried out for TUF18. But I don't think that fight was enough to sell me on her. This fight should give me a better read on how good Marion might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment