Thursday, December 19, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Io Shirai vs Santana Garrett

Here's the match video of Io Shirai vs Santana Garrett from last night's episode of NXT. Most fans should be familiar with Santana. She's a ten year veteran. Her dad was a wrestler. Because she lives in nearby Ocala, she appeared over the years as an NXT enhancement talent. She finally signed with NXT in August. I think they signed her to keep her from going elsewhere. AEW could probably use someone with her experience. A well known wrestler once told me "Some girls would rather look good than have a good match". That is Santana Garrett in a nutshell. And she looked bad in her NXT debut a few weeks ago. Commentary really tries to put her over. They even mention she beat Io in Japan a few years ago. Santana was NWA Women's Champion at the time. The match is a glorified squash as I would expect. Santana still does the same kind of moves that I recall seeing from her a few years ago. She really needs to look more like a wrestler and less like a gymnast. She looks good but can she have a really good match. I have my doubts. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment