Saturday, June 23, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Ji Yeon Kim vs Melinda Fabian

Here's the match video of Ji Yeon Kim vs Melinda Fabian from this morning's UFC show in Shanghai. This fight was at Flyweight. Kim is a Korean kickboxer who lost her UFC debut at Bantamweight and then dropped to Flyweight and won her second fight. Melinda is from Hungary. She was on TUF 26 and she fought to a draw on the TUF 26 Finale. This fight gave me a better idea of where she is. And that's nowhere. Kim is a very experienced kickboxer so she wanted to keep the fight standing. Melinda is supposedly a wrestler. Her father is a wrestling coach. But she never tried to take it to the ground where she might have an advantage. There was no way that Melinda was going to win a kickboxing match with Kim. So I don't understand her strategy. I scored the fight 30-27 for Kim. I thought she won easily but not dominantly which did not surprise me because she's not a finisher. But the judges fave Kim a split decision win. I looked at the scorecards and I didn't see any consistency. Round two was close but Melinda needed to do more. So I guess she's not so good. And maybe Kim would be a good opponent for Jessica Eye. She gave a good performance. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment