Sunday, June 17, 2018

Alexa Grasso vs Angela Hill added to Aug. 25 UFC show

Damon Martin of MMA Weekly reported on Friday that Alexa Grasso vs Angela Hill has been added to UFC Fight Night 135 Aug. 25 at the Pinnacle Bank Arena on Lincoln, NE. Angela confirmed the fight on her Twitter. This show will air on Fox Sports 1 in the US and TSN in Canada. There was a time that Alexa was thought to be one of the top young Strawweight prospects. Well, she's still only 24. But in her last fight, she was submitted in the first round by Tatiana Suarez who is an elite fighter. Going back to her Invicta days, I never thought Alexa was an elite fighter. I thought she was overrated probably because of her looks. She also had injuries while in Invicta. She's a striker with no power or ground game. Until she improves in areas other than striking, she will be overmatched against elite fighters. Angela Hill is not an elite fighter either. However, she is popular because she can talk and she knows how to promote herself. She is also a kickboxer so she is very similar to Alexa. Angela was on TUF 20. When she didn't do well in the UFC, she went down to Invicta. After four Invicta wins, she came back to the UFC. I don't think she is any better this time around. But I thought her Invicta competition level was very low and that made her look better than she is. Angela has gone 2-2 since her return and she won her last fight over Maryna Moroz. I would like to see if Alexa will ever improve. But I don't think this fight will tell me anything. It will be a kickboxing match that will go the distance possibly to a split decision. I don't think either of them can break an egg with punches so I don't expect a finish. Maybe one of them will surprise me. But I doubt it.

No comments:

Post a Comment