Sunday, June 10, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Claudia Gadelha vs Carla Esparza

Here's the match video of Claudia Gadelha vs Carla Esparza from last night's UFC show in Chicago. These two fighters are looking to get back into the Strawweight title picture. Claudia is coming off of a bad loss to Jessica Andrade. Carla is a former champ who seems to be in decline after shoulder surgery. I thought Claudia won round one 10-9. Carla's only significant offense was a right hand that wobbled Claudia. It looks like Claudia hurt her knee. I didn't think it was enough to give Carla the round. I also thought Claudia won round two. But the knee injury slowed her down and Claudia has had endurance issues in the past. Carla clearly won round three but she needed a finish. I did not think it was a 10-8 round. So I scored the fight 29-28 for Claudia. Claudia won by split decision. Two judges scored it 29-28 for Claudia. The third judge scored it 29-28 for Carla. One might think he had Carla steal round one. But he scored round two 10-9 for Carla. I can't imagine what he saw. I know there were fans who thought Carla won or the fight was at least a draw. And the crowd booed the decision. I thought Carla lost the first two rounds and needed a finish in round three and she didn't get it. She didn't do enough to win. Is Claudia back in the title picture? I don't think so but let's see what's going on with her knee. She went to the hospital for an MRI last night. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment