Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Maryna Moroz vs Angela Hill added to Feb. 24 UFC show

Maryna Moroz was supposed to fight Jamie Moyle on last weekend's UFC 220. But last week Jamie pulled out due to injury. And rather than try and find a late replacement, the UFC rescheduled Maryna for UFC on FOX 28 Feb. 24 at the Amway Center in Orlando, FL. Her opponent will be Angela Hill. This was reported yesterday by Jay Reddick of the Orlando Sentinel. The competition level is similar. Angela was on TUF 18 and after going 1-2 in the UFC, she won four fights in Invicta and got back to the UFC. She is 1-2 since returning. I don't think she has improved. But I think the competition level of her Invicta opponents was very low. Angela is still a kickboxer with no ground game. Her overall record is 7-4 and she trains at Alliance in San Diego. I don't like Maryna either. She's a boxer from the Ukraine and she trains with her husband who is also a boxer. Her record is 8-2 and 3-2 in the UFC. I don't think she has looked good in her recent fights. Angela is aggressive so that may prevent Maryna from playing keep away as she has done in recent fights. I would be surprised if there was a finish. And a split decision wouldn't shock me. I can't say it will be a good fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment