Tuesday, January 30, 2018

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-Chris Cagle

Artist:Chris Cagle
Song:I Breathe In, I Breathe Out
Album:Best Of Chris Cagle





I Breathe In, I Breathe Out was the only number one country music hit for singer songwriter Chris Cagle. He retired from country music in Oct. 2015. He was born Nov. 10, 1968 in DeRidder, LA and he grew up in the Houston suburb of Sugar Land, TX. He got into music in high school. He left college after one year to move to Nashville in 1994. He worked odd jobs while trying to establish himself as a songwriter. This included working as a nanny for his lawyer Rod Phelps. Cagle's big break came when he met legendary songwriter Harlan Howard. Howard got him a publishing deal. I Breathe In, I Breathe Out was recorded by David Kersh in 1998. Then he signed with Virgin Records. Cagle's debut CD Play It Loud was released in 2000. My Love Goes On And On was a top 20 country hit. But parent company EMI decided to close Virgin's Nashville office. Cagle was moved to Capitol and Play It Loud was re-released in 2001 with two songs added including I Breathe In, I Breathe Out which topped the charts. The album was certified Gold. He scored two more top ten hits from his 2003 album Chris Cagle. Cagle was diagnosed with polyps on his vocal cords and he was forced to rest in 2004. He returned with the 2005 album Anywhere But Here. It didn't do as well as the first two albums. He also lost a lawsuit with his former manager and he was forced to pay him $737K. Cagle left Capitol after his 2008 album My Life's Been A Country Song. Cagle and his then girlfriend were tossed in jail after a domestic incident. After getting married to a different woman in 2010, Cagle signed with Bigger Picture and released the 2012 album Back In The Saddle. The album did OK but Bigger Picture closed in 2013. And then Cagle announced his retirement in 2015 to spend more time with his family. You can get all his hits on this comp. Here's the video for I Breathe In, I Breathe Out by Chris Cagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment