Sunday, January 28, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Ji Yeon Kim vs Justine Kish

Here's the match video of Ji Yeon Kim vs Justine Kish from last night's UFC show in Charlotte. This fight was at Flyweight. Like most Korean fighters, Ji is a kickboxer. She lost her UFC debut at Bantamweight. The drop to Flyweight was probably suggested by UFC matchmaker Sean Shelby. Justine is also a kickboxer moving up from Strawweight. She's from North Carolina but she trains in Los Angeles. Neither fighter has any punching power. So I expected a very close kickboxing match. And that's what we got. I scored the fight 29-28 for Kim but I noticed most of the media scored it the other way. I even predicted a split decision right after the fight before the scores were announced. I can't say it was a bad fight. It was what I expected. But I don't see either fighter as anything higher than lower midcard. Check it out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment