Monday, November 13, 2006

Yahoo LAUNCHCAST song of the day


Artist:Lee Morgan

Song:The Sidewinder

Album:The Best Blue Note Album In The World





Of course trumpeter Lee Morgan's The Sidewinder is one of the all time classic jazz tracks. Musicians include Joe Henderson on tenor sax, Barry Harris on piano, Bob Cranshaw on bass & Billy Higgins on drums. But if you're looking for an introduction to jazz and Blue Note Records in particular, The Best Blue Note Album In The World is a good place to start. You get classic tracks by Horace Silver, John Coltrane, Art Blakey, Lou Donaldson, Cannonball Adderley, Kenny Burrell, Jimmy Smith & Herbie Hancock. You get to sample some of the best Blue Note has to offer and you can figure out exactly what you like and go from there. I don't recommend the CD to experienced jazz fans. They're going to have this stuff already. But it's perfect for newcomers.




Today is civic election day. So I'm off to the polls. I'm still not sure who I'm voting for Mayor. I'm not happy with the main candidates. Miller will win anyway so I am considering voting for a fringe candidate as a protest. I don't normally do that but I really dislike David Miller and Jane Pitfield is not a strong alternative. I am voting for Jem Cain for councillor.

No comments:

Post a Comment