Tuesday, November 28, 2006

It looks like I'm getting my buzzer back


Recently we've been having trouble with the intercom system at the co-op. It seems it's been dropping some of the programmed entry codes. Lucky me. My code is one of the dropped numbers. This is a pain in the neck especially for my buddy Jon Burnside at Healthy Heart Meals. He comes twice a week and has to phone me from the lobby. It's a safety & security issue too.





It turns out that the intercom is too old to be repaired. It was installed when the building was erected in 1992. So we need a new intercom. The way it works is our maintenance guy Marlon gets three quotes and then as a member of the co-op Board Of Directors, I get to participate in deciding what to purchase. So we had a meeting last night and we're going with a system from Mircom, a manufacturer in Concord, Ontario. They're a very big company. I just went with Marlon's recommendation. He knows what's up. It's very similar to the our current intercom. It's just a newer model. So it should be installed in the next week and I'll get my buzzer back. This was the main topic of the meeting. I don't know if the pictured Mircom intercom is the one we're getting but it's a reasonable facsimile. What do I know about intercoms?

No comments:

Post a Comment