Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Health update

Nothing earth shattering. I went to see Dr. Matthews today mainly to get new prescriptions. It was raining but that's why I bought a rainsuit. The bloodwork I had a while back was OK. I figure if there's anything wrong she'll phone me. The doc wants to give me a flu shot and a pneumonia shot. I know there are plenty of people afraid of needles but I'm not one of them. She asked me that and I said it was no big deal. Of course we have to keep a close watch on my blood sugar. The meals I get from Healthy Heart have been great. But I've been eating a Glucerna snack bar after lunch because I'm concerned about my blood sugar getting too low. I start to get dizzy if it drops into the 3s. We eliminated glyburide a few months ago. This time Dr. Matthews decided to cut my metformin in half. We'll see if that works. I'm not really a snacker so I would prefer the blood sugar stay at a consistent level without snacks. She also wants bloodwork as usual along with a cholesterol test. Mainly we're just fine tuning the diabetes so I'm comfortable with it and my blood sugar doesn't get too high or low. So everything is AOK for an old fart like me.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:43 AM

    THANKS FOR YOUR INFO ...I don't think I knew you had diabetes...
    Is it type one or two?
    BEST always Frank...
    Go get a pneumonia shot..I had my first one last year..
    NO flu one tho.
    Have a nice day....Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Type 2. That's what most folks have and can be controlled by medication. We just have to keep an eye on the blood sugar readings. I record them in a diary. Oh I had the pneumonia & flu shot already. It was no big deal. Whatever the doc wants to do is OK with me. TTYL Penny.

    ReplyDelete