Saturday, October 19, 2019

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Molly McCann vs Diana Belbita

Here's the match video of Molly McCann vs Diana Belbita from last night's UFC show in Boston. Molly is a puncher from Liverpool, England. She's very popular there and that's why she's in the UFC. At best, she's a midcard fighter. Diana is a UFC newcomer from Romania. She's supposed to be a pretty good kickboxer. But she's unproven in MMA. Even Molly is a big step up in competition. In round one, I thought Diana landed more punches. Molly took her down at the end of the round and pounded her. Some might have Molly steal the round. But I don't usually do that so I scored it 10-9 for Diana. Molly was more aggressive in round two. And then Diana had a point deducted for fence grabbing. I think that unnerved her. It also made me wonder how experienced she was in a cage as some European companies use a ring. Molly dominated the rest of the round. I didn't think it was a 10-8 round so I scored it 10-9 reduced to 10-8 with the point deducted. Either way Diana needed a finish. But I guess she was tired and Molly easily won round three 10-9. So I scored the fight 29-27 for Molly. All three judges scored it 30-26 for Molly. They need to have Molly face someone half decent. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment