Sunday, July 29, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Katlyn Chookagian vs Alexis Davis

Here's the match video of Katlyn Chookagian vs Alexis Davis from last night's UFC show in Calgary. This fight was at Flyweight. This was about as awful as I expected. Katlyn likes to use this keep away strategy that can win fights but is very boring. I guess what I was hoping was that Alexis would foil that strategy but one of her bad habits is she tries to adapt to her opponent's style. As a result, Alexis didn't try for takedowns as she should have. The fight was close. They split the first two rounds. So I thought maybe Alexis would be more aggressive in round three. She lost the fight because she didn't do enough. And that's tough to do against someone who does as little as Katlyn. She's not trying to be aggressive. She's backing up trying to nullify her opponent's offense. If successful as she was here, she lands just enough to win the fight. That's the definition of a points fighter. I scored the fight 29-28 for Katlyn and the judges gave her a unanimous decision. It doesn't make me think she can beat anyone good. Her strategy is effective to a point. But it will catch up to her. I guess what we really saw was the decline of Alexis Davis. Palookaville is calling. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment