Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Elizabeth Phillips vs Milana Dudieva added to Aug. 23 UFC show in Macau

Milana Dudieva
Fighter manager Anton Linder announced on his Twitter this morning that his fighter Milana Dudieva will face Elizabeth Phillips on the Aug. 23 UFC show in Macau, China. This show will air on UFC Fight Pass. It's ironic because Milana was supposed to face Valerie Letourneau on UFC 174 on June 14 but had to back out due to reported visa problems. Elizabeth replaced her. She lost to Valerie by split decision. But considering she took the fight with a week's notice, I thought she did well. We'll see what she is like with a full camp. I expect her endurance to be a lot better just because she will have the proper preparation time. Elizabeth is 4-2 and trains at Sikjitsu in Spokane, WA. UFC fighter Michael Chiesa was in her corner last time. Milana is 10-3 and trains at Peresvet FT in Russia. I would describe her as unproven as I don't believe she beaten a high level fighter yet. She has lost to current UFC fighter Jessica Andrade and Swedish fighter Pannie Kianzad who maybe should be in the UFC or at least Invicta. So I have seen Milana and I need to be convinced that she deserves to be in the UFC. Until Milana shows me something, I like Elizabeth to win this fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment