Monday, September 30, 2013

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Pancrase 265

Here's what you have all been waiting for. It is the entire video for Sunday's PANCRASE 265 show, their 20th anniversary. The main thing you are all interested in is Rin Nakai vs Tara LaRosa. The judges scored the fight as a majority decision for Rin. It was NOT a split decision. The scores were 30-29, 30-28 and 29-29. I agree with 30-28. My main criticism of Rin in recent fights has been her lack of aggression. And we see this in round one when neither of them do much of anything. All three judges scored the round a tie and I agree with that. In the second round, Tara rocks Rin a couple of times. And one judge scored the round 10-9 for Tara based on that. But that ignores that after that Rin got Tara's back and controlled her for the rest of the round. That shouldn't be ignored. The other two judges scored it 10-10. I scored it 10-9 Rin because of the ground control but I don't have a problem with the 10-10 scores. Rin won the fight in the third round with ground control and a kimura attempt in the second half of the round. One judge scored it 10-8 for Rin and the other two scored it 10-9 for Rin. I don't think it was enough for 10-8 so I scored it 10-9. So I scored the fight 30-28 for Rin. In the end it was the correct decision though I don't agree with some of the judges decisions. You can decide for yourself and watch the entire PANCRASE 265 show right here on the blog. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment