Monday, September 20, 2010

Michelle McCool is the new WWE Women's Champion

Here's the match video from last night's WWE PPV of Michelle McCool vs Melina to unify the WWE Women's Championship. No more goofy looking Divas title. The WWE decided to make it a Lumberjills match. Why? Most of those girls will never get a WWE PPV bonus. The problem was they stood around and didn't throw the wrestlers back in the ring like they were supposed to. Didn't anyone explain that to them? Major fail. Even Jerry Lawler wondered what they were doing. The match itself was nothing special. It was pretty much what you would see on a standard episode of RAW. Michelle won as I thought she would and she will work on both shows. And even though Layla's interference helped Michelle win, I expect those two will be split up and will feud. The split has been teased lately and I srill think that will happen. I don't know what they will do with Melina. Maybe she'll turn heel. She's a terrible babyface. I think she's trying hard to be a better wrestler but she may be trying too hard. Some fand have asked me what the WWE sees in Melina. The first thing fans need to understand is the WWE doesn't care if these girls are good wrestlers. Most of the time they are looking for pretty girls who can be trained in the basics. Melina trained before she came to the WWE so she should be a better wrestler but she's not. So if she's a blah wrestler, what does the WWE like about her? She always gets a pop for her ring entrance so they like that. And they like her screaming because they think it's funny. She isn't doing the screaming as randomly as she used to. Her wrestling ability is irrelevant and that's true of any of the Divas. It's not important to the WWE. Some fans seem to have trouble wrapping their minds around that. I'm not justifying it. I'm just explaining their thinking. I don't agree with it but I don't expect WWE Divas to be good. I'll watch joshi puroresu  or SHIMMER if I want to see something good. You should do the same. Enjoy the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment