Sunday, July 25, 2021

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Maycee Barber vs Miranda Maverick

Here's the match video of Miranda Maverick vs Maycee Barber from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This Match is at Flyweight. I expected this to be a close fight between two prospects. After having knee surgery, Maycee lost to Alexa Grasso mainly because she got off to a slow start. Since May, she has been training at Team Alpha Male in Sacramento. Uriah Faber was in her corner. Miranda trains at House of Muay Thai in Norfolk, VA. Her coach is former UFC Featherweight Mackens Sermerzier. Round two determined the winner of this fight. I thought Miranda won round one and Maycee won round three. I scored round two 10-9 for Maycee and so did two of the judges. For me, Maycee was marginally more effective for most of the round. I don't think Miranda's late round takedown was enough. She seemed to get tired during the round and that continued in round three. The split decision didn't surprise me. Of course fans are upset because they lost money. So they blame the judges. But that round was so close it was really a draw. It could have gone either way. Maycee needs to get off to better starts. I'm sure Faber saw that and plans to address it. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment