Sunday, October 08, 2023

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Vanessa Demopoulos vs Kanako Murata

Here's the fight video of Vanessa Demopoulos vs Kanako Murata from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Strawweight. Vanessa is 35 years old from Columbus, OH. She trains at Xtreme Couture in Las Vegas. She's gone 3-2 in the UFC. She lost in Contender Series and got into the UFC as a short notice replacement. She doesn't do enough to win fights. Kanako is 30 years old from Japan. She's a wrestler. She used to fight for RIZIN. She broke her arm during her last fight so we haven't seen her since 2021. I thought Vanessa won round one 10-9 with more effective striking. Kanako had ground control in round two. Vanessa landed some strikes from the bottom but I didn't think it was enough so I scored it 10-9 for Kanako. Kanako won round three easily so I scored it 10-9 for Kanako so I scored it 29-28 for Kanako. The problem was all three judges scored round two 10-9 for Vanessa so she won the fight 29-28. The fight stats do not support that decision. So I don't know what they were watching but it sure seems like poor scoring. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment