Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Amanda Nunes vs Ronda Rousey set for Dec. 30 UFC show

UFC President Dana White went on The Herd with Colin Cowherd on Fox Sports 1 to announce that Amanda Nunes will defend her UFC Women's Bantamweight Championship against Ronda Rousey on UFC 207 Dec. 30 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. I guess Ronda's return is a big surprise to some but I always thought she would return in 2017 and I have known about this fight for a month. White always said that Ronda would get a title shot when she returns. So I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this. The PPV buys for this fight will probably set a new record. Now if Ronda wasn't returning until the summer then Juliana Pena would have got the title shot. Now she's threatening to leave the UFC. Money talks. This fight is scheduled for five rounds. But neither fighter likes to dance around so I don't expect it to get out of the first round. Someone is going down early but I don't know who. White also said that Ronda will fight Cris Cyborg. Of course he didn't say when or at what weight. So I don't take that seriously yet. I'm sure we will all tune in to see the New Year's Eve fireworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment