Thursday, August 18, 2016

AccuRadio Song Of The Day-I'm From Barcelona

Artist:I'm From Barcelona
Song:Get In Line
Album:Forever Today





I'm From Barcelona is more of a loose collective than a band. They tour with up to thirty members. But there's one guy behind it and he brings in friends as he needs them. A lot of their music is pop anthems like Get In Line. I'm From Barcelona has been very successful in Europe. Group leader Emmanuel Lundgren is from Jonkoping, Sweden. While on vacation from his office job in 2005, Lundgren decided to bring in his friends to record an EP. It was supposed to be a one shot deal. Of course the name I'm From Barcelona comes from the classic John Cleese sitcom Fawlty Towers. The phrase is used to explain the incompetence of bellboy Manuel. I love that show. But when the EP Don't Give Up On Your Dreams, Buddy was released, EMI Sweden came calling and signed Lundgren to a contract. So now he has to turn I'm From Barcelona into a real band. Their full length debut Let Me Introduce My Friends was released in 2006 followed by the 2008 CD Who Killed Harry Houdini?. They toured with 29 people in the band. They have never had a hit single but I'm From Barcelona have a rabid cult following. Get In Line is from the 2011 CD Forever Today. The band is a bigger deal in Europe than here. For the 2015 album Growing Up Is For Trees, I'm From Barcelona switched to WEA Europe. And they also toured Europe earlier this year. Lundgren does produce other artists occasionally. But I'm From Barcelona seems to be his priority right now. Here's the video for Get In Line by I'm From Barcelona. This video is not on Youtube.

I'm From Barcelona - "Get In Line" from Consequence of Sound on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment