Sunday, April 17, 2016

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Raquel Pennington vs Bethe Correia

Here's the match video of Raquel Pennington vs Bethe Correia from last night's UFC show in Tampa. Guess what, folks? I didn't like this fight either. Fighters should be aggressive and fight to win. In this fight, both were fighting to not lose. And the difference is that when a fighter fights to not lose, she holds back and isn't aggressive enough. So I wasn't impressed with either fighter but I expected more from Raquel. She mentioned this in her post fight interview. The judges gave the fight to Raquel by split decision. I scored it 29-28 for Raquel and I would characterize that she was marginally more effective. I hate scoring fights like this because it's more about who is less effective instead of more effective. It's like Raquel won by default. After the first round, Bethe's corner read her the riot act. She came out more aggressively in round two and then she just stopped and went back to her bad habits. That's why she lost. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment