Monday, September 08, 2008

Michelle McCool retains title at WWE Unforgiven

Michelle McCool successfully defended her WWE Divas Championship against Maryse at last night's WWE Unforgiven PPV. I have conveniently posted the video of the match for your enjoyment. Typically, the match was a timewaster and nothing special. So lets give credit where credit is due. Both Michelle & Maryse are trying very hard to be good but they're way too green. No one expects them to be good anyway. And Maryse trying to get over as a heel is very hard to do for a girl who looks like her. I think she needs to be nastier. Michelle is just bland but the WWE seems to like her and they don't see that she has no personality. There is way too much wasted time in such a short match. There's no crowd reaction. They need to do more. Working on the knee for half the match won't cut it. Look, we all know the WWE doesn't know how to book women wrestlers so fans care about them so this problem is nothing new. This match doesn't belong on a PPV. We're not buying the PPV to see it. But we do want to see it. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:12 PM

    Thanks for the posting Frank. I have to say I was a little more impressed with this match than you were. It was very OK. lol If this were an indy match I'd be plenty impressed, but then this is WWE and supposed to be the top of the game. Not PPV worthy as you said. But I really LOVE Maryse's cape!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea what WWE sees in Michelle McCool. She bores me. Oh wait, she's doing it with the Undertaker.

    Maryse is OK. I'd rather the Playmates-in-waiting wrestle like her than have ridiculously over-ambitious high-risk movesets like Candice Michelle and get hurt. I fear Kelly Kelly is going to hurt herself (I think she's gonna break her neck every match) or someone else doing a move she has no business doing as well.

    ReplyDelete