Sunday, October 16, 2022

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Alexa Grasso vs Viviane Araujo

Here's the match video of Alexa Grasso vs Viviane Araujo from last night's UFC show in Las Vegas. This fight is at Flyweight. It was five rounds. Alexa is from Guadalajara, Mexico. She trains at Lobo Gym owned by her father. She is mainly a striker. She's been on a winning streak since moving to Flyweight. Viviane is from Brasilia, Brazil. She trains at Cerrado MMA. He coach is Daniel Evangilista. She's probably a more complete fighter than Alexa. But I was wondering about her endurance. I would have liked to see her go for an early finish. But instead she stayed on her feet and that played into Alexa's strategy to outpoint her. Like many strikers, Alexa throws a lot of volume but misses a lot. And I think that fools judges. Two of them scored it 49-46 for Alexa and the third scored it 50-45. I thought the fight was closer than that but I thought Alexa won. She says she wants another five round fight before getting a title shot. I don't think she won dominantly enough to get a title shot. Besides, next week Manon Fiorot is fighting Katlyn Chookagian. And if Manon wins as I expect, she should get a title shot. Enjoy the video! 

No comments:

Post a Comment