Monday, February 26, 2018

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Asuka vs Nia Jax

Here's the match video of Asuka vs Nia Jax from last night's WWE Elimination Chamber show. The way the WWE was trying to push this match is that despite The Streak, Asuka is the underdog. They even had Corey Graves pick Nia on the pre-show. Once that happened, I knew Asuka would win. I expected the match to be very similar to the NXT TV matches the two had in 2016. Nia beats the crap out of Asuka, gets overconfident and Asuka takes advantage of that. They also practiced the match on the weekend house shows. I saw one of those matches and Asuka used a particular move that I hadn't seen her use before. I'll get to that shortly. The match was about what I expected. Nia beats the crap out of Asuka but can't finish her. It's important to understand that Asuka is good at everything including selling Nia's offense like she is being murdered. But she won't stay down. And Nia doesn't recognize that and gets overconfident. In the NXT matches, Asuka kicked her in the head to finish her. And I suppose she could have used her armbar. And she did apply it but then she let her out of it. So obviously she was asked to do a different finish. I'm sure Asuka asked what was wanted and she was asked if she could do a flash pin. So Asuka won't do just any flash pin. She decided to use the Momoracci. That's the move I saw her use at the house show. This twisting roll up pin was the signature finish of retired joshi legend Momoe Nakanishi, one of my all time favorite joshi wrestlers. Back when Asuka was starting out in 2004, Momoe left AJW and was training at Arsion/A To Z and I'm sure she taught the Momoracci to all the girls. As far as I know, Asuka had not used the Momoracci until now. It's a great move to beat a larger opponent because of the quickness of the move. And if you don't believe me, check out Momoe's matches against Amazing Kong on Youtube. Unfortunately there are a couple of glitches in this video including one during the finish. I checked out several copies and all have the same glitch. Obviously the reason for the flash pin was Nia's post match attack. Of course Asuka looked like she was dead. But she was backstage tweeting ten minutes later so she's fine. So we'll see what happens on RAW tonight. Meanwhile, enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment