Sunday, February 25, 2018

Amanda Nunes vs Raquel Pennington added to May 12 UFC show

It's been reported by numerous outlets that Amanda Nunes will defend her UFC Bantamweight Championship against Raquel Pennington on UFC 224 May 12 at Jeunesse Arena in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The UFC hasn't confirmed this yet but I think they are waiting for the co-main event to set up so they can announce when tickets will go on sale. This fight was supposed to happen a few months ago but Raquel broke her leg in an ATV accident. Does Raquel deserve a title shot? Well, the problem is the Bantamweight division is thin right now. So normally I would say no. The last time we saw Raquel she beat Miesha Tate Nov. 2016. That's a long layoff. But I know UFC president Dana White really likes Raquel and thinks she's underrated. And that may be true but I have a nagging feeling about her. If the Amanda Nunes that I have covered since she was in Brazil shows up, I don't think the fight will last very long. But if Amanda fights like she fought when she defended against Valentina Shevchenko, I dunno. I didn't like that Amanda Nunes.

No comments:

Post a Comment