Sunday, December 03, 2017

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Tecia Torres vs Michelle Waterson

Here's the match video of Tecia Torres vs Michelle Waterson from last night's UFC show in Detroit. Both fighters have title aspirations. I think they are both overrated for different reasons. And in this fight we see the flaws that I think will prevent either from getting near the title. Tecia is mainly a kickboxer with no power or ground skills meaning she's a points fighter. In her last fight, she got her first ever submission win over Julianna Lima. I don't see her doing that against better fighters. When Michelle first came to the UFC, I thought she would have problems with some of the better Strawweights because she's an Atomweight. And that has proven to be true. And injuries have slowed her down. Round one was close. I don't think either of them did much. I scored it 10-9 for Tecia very marginally. Round two was much easier to score. It went to the ground and that gave the edge to Michelle because Tecia is useless on the ground. So I scored it 10-9 for Michelle. The problem was that took a lot out of Michelle and she didn't seem to have much left in round three. And her left eye was closed. I don't think she could see much. Tecia was much fresher in round three. I credit that to training in the high altitude in Colorado. Tecia was winning the round anyway and then she got on top of Michelle and pounded her. I think she did enough to get a stoppage. But the ref let it go and Tecia won by unanimous decision. Afterwards, Tecia asked for a title shot. I don't think she's getting it yet. There are other contenders like Cynthia Calvillo for example. The situation is tougher for Michelle. Ideally, the UFC should start an Atomweight division. I don't see that happening immediately. That leaves Michelle spinning her wheels at Strawweight because she won't be released. That's a tough spot. Enjoy the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment