Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Paigr VanZant vs Jessica Rose Clark added to Jan. 14 UFC show

Guillherme Cruz of MMA Fighting reported this morning that Paige VanZant vs Jessica Rose Clark has been added to UFC Fight Night 124 Jan. 14 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. No confirmation yet from the UFC. After she won her fight on Saturday, Jessy Jess said she wanted to fight Paige at Flyweight. Paige was supposed to fight Jessica Eye a few months ago but pulled out due to a back injury. When the UFC tried to rebook that fight, Paige turned it down. So now its ironic that both are on this show fighting different opponents. It certainly is a headscratcher. Recently Paige tweeted that she was getting the first Flyweight title shot. It would not have surprised me if the UFC had given Paige a title shot except I don't think the timing was right. So she's doing this fight first and then we'll see. The last time we saw Paige, she was getting choked out by Michelle Waterson. Since then she has moved to Gracie Barra in Portland. She is now under the influence of Chael Sonnen. We'll soon find out if that's a good thing. I thought she was regressing at Team Alpha Male. Sometimes a change is needed. It's a good opportunity for Jessy Jess to beat a high profile opponent who may not be much of a fighter. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. I am going to watch this fight, just to see how Paige does. I like her, but she may on a losing streak. I do not know Frank. I can only hope she has a future in MMA. But at this point, I wonder how much of a future.

    ReplyDelete