Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Jessica Eye vs Kalindra Faria added to Jan. 14 UFC show

The UFC announced yesterday that Jessica Eye vs Kalindra Faria has been added to UFC Fight Night 124 Jan. 14 at the Scottrade Center in St. Louis. This fight will be at Flyweight. Hopefully for Jessica, this won't be cancelled. Because of cancellations, she hasn't fought since Sept. 2016. She was supposed to fight Paige VanZant in Oct. but Paige pulled out with a back injury. The plan was to reschedule the fight but then Paige turned it down. You may recall that Paige recently tweeted that she is getting the first Flyweight title shot. Fan reaction was mostly mockery. Not me. This didn't come out of nowhere. I think she is getting a Flyweight title shot not that she deserves it. Anyone who reads this blog knows that I don't care about rankings. And in this case, neither does the UFC. But they do care about TV ratings especially since they are currently negotiating new TV deals. And with things like Dancing With The Stars, Paige is a casual fan attraction especially on FOX. I understand why Jessica was pissed off. But the whole thing cracked me up. Instead Jessica will fight Brazilian Kalindra Faria who may be one of the worst fighters I have ever seen. She made her UFC debut as a late replacement on UFC 216. She looked inept losing to Mara Romero Borella. I had seen her before so I already knew she doesn't belong in the UFC. I know Jessica really needs a win and she should win this. But I know she really wanted to fight Paige.

No comments:

Post a Comment