Friday, July 29, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Nanae Takahashi vs Mercedes Martinez

Today I have a double shot for you on Big Bad Blog Video Theater. I have the match video for Nanae Takahashi vs Mercedes Martinez from last week's STARDOM show along with Takahashi's 15th anniversary ceremony. The match is pretty good. It is slightly edited. My only beef is Samurai TV cut Mercedes' ring entrance. I also think the ending was rushed. Mercedes got in more offense than it appeared in last week's pics. It backs up my view that this match should have been the final and given more time. Let's forget about female wrestlers. These are two of the best wrestlers in the world today. Both are very entertaining top quality performers. They would have no problem going a half hour or even an hour and it would be a match of the year candidate. I enjoyed the match for what it was but didn't like the booking. I wanted more. And that brings me to Nanae Takahashi's 15th anniversary ceremony. I have watched Nanae for her entire career and I have never seen her in the kind of physical condition she is in today. I think she has dropped about 20 pounds. The weight never seemed to affect her performance. She has always been solid. Props to her. She looks fabulous. The video begins with STARDOM's opening dance number featuring Fuuka. I could live without that. Then a brief montage of Nanae's career followed by the ceremony. Momoe Nakanishi, Miho Wakizawa and Kayo Noumi enter the ring for a brief reunion of the Kiss No Sekai singing group. Momoe presents one of her costumes to Nanae's sidekick Natsuki*Taiyo who as a wrestler is kind of a carbon copy of Momoe. Then Kumiko Maekawa and Yumiko Hotta enter the ring. The laughing is because Kumiko and Nanae are supposed to hate each other. And that's about it. Enjoy the videos!

1 comment:

  1. NY329865:38 PM

    I couldn't agree more, it was only 7 minutes bell to bell, pigeonholed in the show theme of it being all about Nanae and MM was snubbed with the Entrance, she and Kenny Omega, but Omega is one thing to snub his entrance for a comedy match w/Haruka, one of those in the tournament, that's just wrong.

    ReplyDelete