Saturday, July 23, 2011

Big Bad Blog Video Theater-Sarah Kaufman vs Liz Carmouche

Today on Big Bad Blog Video Theater I have the match video from last night's Strikeforce show in Las Vegas with Sarah Kaufman facing Liz Carmouche. When I first saw Sarah a few years ago, her fight style was characterized by precision striking and superior takedown defense. But she went away from that in recent fights. She seemed to lose her aggressiveness. I did not like what I was seeing from Sarah. I will never understand why fighters feel the need to go away from their strengths. It's like she forgot what made her a champ. So the result of this fight would depend on which Sarah Kaufman shows up, the old Sarah or the new not improved one. Of course a lot of folks were impressed with Liz's performance against Marloes Coenen. I thought she did OK. But she beat herself with her inexperience and I thought the old Sarah would give her trouble. Round one was very close but I thought Liz used her strength effectively to neutralize Sarah's striking. But round two was a different story and Sarah started doing the things that won fights for her in the past. Maybe trainer Adam Zugec told her to snap out of it. But Liz didn't have an answer for Sarah's strikes. And she couldn't take Sarah down. Once Sarah got her rhythm, Liz couldn't do anything with her. Sarah Kaufman wins by unanimous decision. She could be the next opponent for next week's title fight between Marloes Coenen and Miesha Tate.


No comments:

Post a Comment