Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Fuuka vs Mai Ichii shoot boxing video

OK folks. I have for you the Fuuka vs Mai Ichii Shoot Boxing match Nov. 24 at the Saitama Super Arena. When I first saw the results for this fight of majority draw, I thought it might have been fixed. When I read on Sportsnavi and GB Ring that Ichii had a point taken away, the red flag went up. This doesn't have anything to do with the fight itself but a cardinal rule of the fight business is don't leave an opening for accusations of fight fixing. Now that I've watched the fight, it's still a possibility. Fuuka's entrance with the Star Wars music and the pink Darth Vader mask is pretty funny. I guess if he cared, George Lucas could sue. The match itself was pretty good. I thought Ichii won the fight. I scored round one 10-9 for Ichii and round two 10-9 for Ichii. She ran out of gas in round three and I think Fuuka won round three 10-9. I don't think Fuuka did enough in round three to win the match outright. So that means the point deduction cost Ichii the match. As a fight judge, you can't allow a penalty to decide a match. Of course the judges have the option to ignore the penalty and it looks like one of them did ignore it. Was the penalty justified? It's questionable. It was the second time the ref had to pull Ichii off of Fuuka. On the other hand, Fuuka threw Ichii to the mat at least twice and wasn't penalized. If I'm the judge and the fight is that close, I ignore the yellow card. I think it's important that the fighter who actually won is the winner and I don't think that happened here. I don't know if it was fixed but anyone who believes that Hiroshi Ogawa wouldn't pay for his meal ticket to win is being very naive. Of course he would. But it's a pretty good fight so check it out and decide for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment